New Tees for the girls!!
Something we’ve always wanted to do is make our own tees. We’ve gone through numerous print shops, which have been great to us, but experimentation costs money. So with what would have cost us a couple of runs worth of shirt printing, we decided to use Len’s press, and bought ourselves some screens, inks, and a flash heater. We were all set to becoming big tee shirt printers!!!
We started with tidying up the garage a bit, and then laid our our inks on our makeshift table. Too many chemicals!! After running a bunch of shirts, we decided that we would soon be swapping our plastisol ink for more environmentally friendly water based eco-inks. But for now we really like the vibrance that only plastisol can bring, so we’ll knock out a few more to keep our servers clothed, and hopefully sell a few too.
Since we needed a light safe place to store our unexposed screens, I decided to build a little makeshift storage darkroom out of left over pvc pipe I’d had laying around for the last 4 years from my now completed sprinkler project. I was so excited to have found a use for my clutter!!! We taped a bunch of rosin paper around it, and voila!!! We had ourselves a somewhat fragile darkroom.
We were finally ready to start printing, well almost. We finished applying our photo emulsion to the screens, cured them in our little light safe area, and were finally ready to expose them. Once exposed, we setup our press, and were ecstatic to print our first tee ever!!
I finally get to lay one out. Hopefully these all turn out good!!!